A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March 19th

"V for Vendetta" was the number one movie at the box office this weekend. When I saw the preview a few months ago, I had no interest in the film, but as I read more, I became intrigued. I saw the film today and was blown away! It has echoes of "1984" and other grim visions of the future, but also has elements of "Phantom of the Opera", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Batman." The most amazing part is that the lead actor, Hugo Weaving, spent the entire movie behind a mask, and yet still created a fully fleshed out portrayal. I'm writing to Mr. Weaving and two of his co-stars to congratulate them on the success of the film.

Hugo Weaving

Stephen Rea

John Hurt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home