A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

May 28th

Baseball history was made today, as Barry Bonds hit his career home run number 715. This put him in second place on the all-time list, ahead of Babe Ruth. Normally this accomplishment would be celebrated throughout the land, but it wasn't. Barry Bonds has alienated the media and many of his teammates with a churlish attitude. He has also been tainted with the association of steroid abuse, though nothing has been officially proven. I've met Barry Bonds a few times, and he's always been nice to me and my Dad. I'm writing to congratulate him. In addition, I'm writing to another misunderstood slugger who is high on the home run list.

Barry Bonds

Reggie Jackson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home