A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

A "Beary" special reply




Maxine Clark

Reference date: February 14th





I wrote to the founder and Chief Executive Bear of Build-A-Bear Workshop to tell her how much my 3 year old son loves his new alligator doll (which he named Yankee) that he created at Build-A-Bear. In addition to the very nice reply, Ms. Clark also included a copy of her new book: The Bear Necessities of Business: Building A Company with Heart. The proceeds of this book go to charity, so I highly recommend picking up a copy for inspiration and motivation.

Here is her letter:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for your letter and picture of your son at Build-A-Bear Workshop. I am glad it is one of his favorite places.

I am honored that you have asked my opinion on your industry. Yikes, entertainment--that is really hard. I assume the same principles apply of hard work and relentless pursuit of your goals. I am enclosing a copy of my new book--I think it might be helpful and answer many of your questions. The book is about my career and the creation of Build-A-Bear Workshop but it is also about having big dreams and going after them.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Beary best regards,

Maxine Clark

Founder and Chief Executive Bear

Build-A-Bear Workshop


I sent her a thank you the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home