A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

A CEO replies



Julia Stewart

Reference date: February 28th (Shrove Tuesday)








The Tuesday before Lent is known as Shrove Tuesday, the last day to feast before the required fasting in the Christian calendar. Many people also call this "pancake Tuesday" because it was customary to use up all of your supplies (milk, eggs, flour, etc.) to make pancakes. The International House of pancakes (IHOP) brought that idea to an even greater level by celebrating National Pancake Day, and donating proceeds from sales that day to charity. My family went twice to eat at IHOP that day, and I wrote to the CEO, Julia Stewart to thank her for the philanthropic effort, and to ask her for advice. This was her reply:


Dear Mr. Lucas:

Thank you for your kind words in your recent letter. I enjoyed reading your account of your visits to IHOP and, in particular, your support of National Pancake Day.

While unable to answer all your questions in detail, my single piece of advice is to purchase and read a book called The Oz Principle. . I have read this book many times, and its simple message of accountability and personal responsibility always rings true.

Thank you again, and best wishes for continued success.

Sincerely,

Julia Stewart


I sent her a thank you email the next day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home