A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 15th

Another defining moment of a generation, though before my time, was the Woodstock Music festival, which opened on this date in 1969 in upstate New York. (Actually at Max Yasgur's pig farm in the town of Bethel, not Woodstock.) The impact of this festival resonates to this day. many have tried, and failed, to duplicate it. I'm sending notes to some of the notable people involved on that memorable day.

Artie Kornfeld - producer

Richie Havens

Joe Cocker

Arlo Guthrie

Joan Baez

Grace Slick

Country Joe

Jon "Bowzer" Bauman - lead singer of the 50's tribute group Sha Na Na (yes, they actually played at Woodstock!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home