A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A "sweet" reply




Richard Lenny

Reference date: February 14th





I wrote to the CEO of Hershey's Chocolate, letting him know how much I've enjoyed their products over the years, and commending him on the charitable work that the Hershey company does.

Not only did he send me a letter in response to my questions about achieving success in life, he sent me a packet of interviews that he's done over the years with advice for people pursuing their dreams and goals.

This was his letter:

Dear Chris:

Thanks very much for your letter and kind words. The Hershey Company has a rich history in both the business world and in support of disadvantaged children through the Milton Hershey School.

As for your question-- it's no surprise that there are no easy answers or "paint-by-numbers" approach. What I thought might be helpful is to provide some interviews that I've given over the past few years. Much of what you inquired about is included.

I hope you find this to be of help. Much continued success.

Rick Lenny


I sent him a thank you the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home