A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, August 24, 2006

An "auto" response




Jill Lajdziak


Reference date: June 2nd



I wrote to the General Manager of Saturn Automobiles to let her know how much I appreciated her cars and to ask her for some advice on success. (My wife and I have been Saturn owners since 1995.) The Saturn's durability proved itself when I was involved in an auto accident in June. I'm sure my next auto purchases will all be Saturn.

This is what Ms. Lajdziak had to say:

Chris,

Thanks for writing and expressing your loyalty to Saturn. We are happy to have your family as customers.

As for words of advice:

1) Stay motivated to succeed.

2) Keep abreast of all trends, not just in your line of work.

3) Find out everything you can about your chosen field, the history, the fundamentals, etc. It will make you a stronger person and help you rise above the pack.

4) Keep doing what you seem to be doing with your letter writing project, seeking advice and counsel from others on the "secrets' to success. Each little bit helps.

Finally...

5) Network, network, network!!

Thank again Chris. I wish you lots of success.

- Jill Lajdziak


I sent her a thank you the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home