A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Someone's not paying attention..

OK, I'm sending more than the 365 letters I had planned on this year (the number will be closer to 1,000 when all is said and done.) I fully expect to get only a twenty percent response rate (and I'm averaging almost that.) I don't even mind non-reply replies (where an office will send me a note acknowledging reciept of my letter, but telling me that the person is too busy to respond personally.) However, this week, I received two very strange missives from two major companies. I sent letters to the CEO's of both corporations, asking advice about lfe and business. They were addressed directly to the CEO's. The following is what came back from the companies in question. (Someone wasn't reading the correspondence properly.)




Reference date: February 15th



Dear Chris,

Thank you for your expression of interest in employment opportunities at Toys "R" Us and for submitting your resume to us.
(I did neither of those things, by the way - Chris)

Your experience is certainly impressive. Unfortunately, we do not have a position available that would closely match your qualifications. However, since our needs change periodically, we will retain your resume (Again, I never sent them my resume! - Chris) for one year, and will contact you in the future should an appropriate opportunity develop.

Again, thank you for your interest in us, and best of luck in your future career search.

Best regards,

Toys "R" Us Talent Acquisition Department.






Apple Computers

Reference date: June 5th



Thank you for contacting Apple!

We always appreciate hearing from our customers. You can find information about Apple, our products and our team by visiting our website.

Thanks again for your interest and support.

Tha Apple Team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home