A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Good ole' Alice replies!




Ann B. Davis

Reference date: July 22nd







Just a few days ago, I posted a reply from Mrs. Brady, Florence Henderson. Little did I know that the housekeeper on the Brady Bunch, and another true TV legend, Ms. Ann B. Davis, would send me a note as well. I mentioned in my post about Florence Henderson that Mrs. Brady was the surrogate mom for a generation of children. If that's true, then Alice was the voice of common sense and quite often the comic relief. (Trivia question: What was Alice's last name? It was only mentioned once on the show. The answer will be at the end of this post.)

I learned much about comic timing by watching Ann B. Davis. Ms. Davis sent me an autographed photo, with a short note attached. This is what it said:

Dear Chris,

Good luck with your career!

Honesty and hard work are so important in our business too.

Use the gifts God gave you as well as you can.

All my love!

- Ann B. Davis

(she added a cross and a fish, the Christian symbols, after her signature)


I sent her a thank you card the next day.

Answer to trivia: Alice's last name was Nelson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home