A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, December 02, 2006

December 1st

Today is World AIDS Day, when we pause to remember those who have passed away due to this horrible plague, which has been around for twenty five years. We have lost too many talented people to this disease. Progress is being made. People are living longer, but the scourge hasn't been eradicated, and it is spreading rapidly in third world nations. Without being mawkish, I am writing to some notable people who are living with HIV/AIDS and raising awareness of it, as well as the doctor who was the leader in researching and identifying the virus.

Dr. Robert Gallo

Larry Kramer

Jerry Herman

Jm J Bullock

Rudy Galindo

Greg Louganis

Andrew Sullivan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home