A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February 17th

Friday February 17th

I was listening to the radio on my way to dropping the kids off at day care when I heard a familiar voice, that of voice-over legend Billy West. This is a man that I want to emulate. His versatility I amazing, and I could tell by the interview that he remains humble despite the amazing success he’s had. He is definitely someone I’d like to seek advice from.

Billy West

Billy West's voices are heard all over the world, whether it's in a cartoon or a commercial, the sound is out there somewhere at any given time. A self-proclaimed Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck etc.) devotee, West says that the cartoons he saw on TV in the 1950's hit him over the head like a cartoon anvil. West spent 1989-1995 voicing celebrity impersonations for the Howard Stern show. By then, he’d already gotten two jobs with Nickelodeon and found himself voicing the starring roles for "Doug" and the cult hit "Ren and Stimpy." The work led to Hollywood and a Matt Groening cartoon - Futurama, where hid did the voice of the show’s star, Fry, and other characters. He also replaced the late Mel Blanc as the voice of the classic Looney Tunes characters that inspired him so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home