A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, April 17, 2006

April 16th

Easter Sunday has always been a fun day in my family. It marks the start of Spring, and is second only to Christmas as an important day in the Christian calendar. While I'm not a faithful churchgoer, I do commemorate the traditions, both secular and holy. One of the biggest symbols of the day are the eggs. Some interpretations view eggs as the perfect vessel to tell the story of reberth and eternity. Others see it as a cute way to celebrate. I have many fond memories of decorating eggs on Saturday night, and then searching for them on Easter Sunday. (The bunny always hid them while he was delivering the baskets full of candy.) This year my three year old was really into the whole egg thing and it brought back feelings from when I colored eggs at my grandmother's house in the 1970's. Two of the big companies that made egg dye back then are still around. Paas, which was started over 100 years ago in my home state of NJ, and Dudley's eggs, which started in 1979. I'm sending a note to the CEO's of both companies to thank them for the memories.

Christopher J. Munyan

James R. Schneider

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home