A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, May 07, 2006

May 6th

Call to post!! It's the first Saturday in May, and time for The Kentucky Derby. The 132nd "run for the roses" will have the attention of the world, even those who don't follow horse racing on a regular basis. It's often called the most exciting two minutes in sports. My family has always watched the Derby, and the two races that follow (the Preakness and Belmont Stakes.) I live near the Meadowlands racetrack, so I have a passing interest in horse racing and the way trainers and owners operate. In honor of the day, I'm going to sit back, enjoy a mint julep and drop a line to one of the most notable names in horse racing.

D. Wayne Lukas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home