A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August 2nd

Whew! It's hot! (I guess that's to be expected in August here in the NYC area.) We've had back to back days of triple digit temperatures, and the rest of the country is faring no better. We're in the grips of a heatwave. To mark the occasion, I'm writing to a few people who are associated either directly or indirectly with heatwaves and staying cool.

Martha Reeves - singer, "Heatwave"

John Sebastian - singer/composer "Summer In the City"

Buster Poindexter (David Johanssen) singer - "Hot, hot, hot"

George David - Carrier Air Conditioners CEO

Jim Rudolph - Rita's Italian Ice CEO

Hosni Mubarak - President of Egypt (one of the hottest nations on Earth)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home