A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The man who has won the most Tony awards replies




Harold Prince

Reference date: June 11th






My Father and Grandmother introduced me to Broadway shows at an early age. Some of our favorites were produced and or directed by Harold "Hal" Prince, who has won twenty Tony Awards, more than anyone in history. (For shows like "Damn Yankees" "Fiddler on the Roof" "Cabaret" and "Phantom of the Opera") My Father is blind, and part of the joy of seeing a show with him is describing the sets, costumes and lighting. I wrote to Mr. Prince to let him know how much we enjoyed his shows, and he not only was kind enough to reply with the following letter, but to also send an autographed copy of his book: Harold Prince and the American Musical Theater Here is his letter to me:

Dear Chris,

What an unusual and kind letter to receive.

I'm always delighted by the surprises that theatrical work can offer.

In the case of your relationship to your father, it's marvelous stuff, and extremely satisfying.

I'm taking the liberty of sending you the enclosed book, with best wishes to him,

And you,

Hal Prince


I sent him a thank you the next day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home