A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September 11th

Today is a sad day. It's five years since the horrific attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C. I am a New York City tour guide, so the World Trade Center towers meant a lot to me (my first job out of high school was on the 107th floor of tower #1.) I grew up across the river in New Jersey and saw them being built. One of my fondest childhood memories was watching in amazement as a high wire artist walked back and forth between the two towers, a quarter of a mile in the sky! To honor the memory of the towers, I'm writing to this amazing daredevil, and to the man who helped calm our nerves on that terrible day as Mayor of NYC.

Philippe Petit

Rudolph Giuiliani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home