A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

A non-reply reply from a great American



Warren Christopher

Reference Date: March 22nd








I wrote to many former US Secretaries of State, knowing full well that they had busy schedules. It's not surprising that I would get a letter from one of their offices politely declining my request for a personal response.

Here it is in full detail:

Dear Mr. Lucas:

Mr. Christopher has asked me to respond to your letter. He appreciates all your kind words.

While he would like to respond to your questions about his government service and the State Department, unfortunately his overbooked schedule doesn't leave enough time for him to personally answer all of his correspondence.

You might try to check out a copy of his memoirs from your local library, "Chances of a Lifetime." It is very informative and may give you some insight into his life and his government service.

Mr. Christopher sends his thanks for taking the time to contact him.

Sincerely,

Executive Assistant to Warren Christopher


I sent a thank you the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home