A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

A very busy actor responds



Paul Borghese

Reference Date: March 18th




Most working actors, unless they are superstars, spend their days going from audition to audition, putting marketing materials together, sending out those materials and trying to make some progress in the business. I know because that's what my life as an actor is like. It leaves little time for other endeavors. There is one guy who goes above and beyond, and helps other actors in their quest to succeed. his name is Paul Borghese. Not only has he starred in many ntional commercials, and in films like "Find Me Guilty" and "*61" (where he played baseball legend Yogi Berra) he also is the head of the Guild of Italian American Actors, an organization that promotes positive images of Italians onscreen. I wrote to Paul for advice, and he sent back a no nonsense email reply about life in the business.

This is what he had to say:

Dear Chris,

This is a tough business, there are many better career choices one can make. Very few people ever make it in this business, but if you chose it regardless, just don't ever give up on it unless someone other than yourself is having to make sacrifices for your career.

If you plan on raising a family, get into something with more financial security. Nothing is more important than family.

PB


I responded with a thank you email the same day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home