A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

September 27th - 30th

So this is what happens when I get lazy and forget to update the blog before the month ends, I have to cram three or more days into one listing, otherwise it would be placed into the category for the next month (i.e: the last few days of September would wind up in October.) Forgive my procrastination (I was going to join Procrastinators Anonymous, but I keep putting it off.)

September 30th

I took my sons to see the Canadian kiddie group sensations "The Doodlebops" live at Madison Square Garden today. (They had a blast! I remmber when my grandmother used to take my brother and I to shows at the Garden like H.R. Pufnstuf, the Osmonds, and Sesame Street.) I'm writing to the three actors who play the Doodlebops, and to the CEO of the company that produces the show.

Lisa J. Lennox - DeeDee Doodle

Jonathan Wexler - Moe Doodle

Chad McNamara - Rooney Doodle


Michael Hirsh - CEO, Cookie Jar Entertainment



September 29th

1829 - London's Metropolitan Police, the first major organized police force in a big city, is formed. Most people know them from the name of their headquarters, "Scotland Yard." I'm writing to the current Chief of Police.

Sir Ian Blair


September 28th

The American musical style called "The Blues" is born (or, more accurately, made popular) on this day in 1912 when musician W.C. Handy releases his album "Memphis Blues." While Mr. Handy is long since gone, I'm writing to those who are continuing to popularize this musical style.

B.B. King

Etta James

Eric Clapton

Keb'Mo

Dan Aykroyd



September 27th

I saw the Rolling Stones in concert for the first time tonight. An amazing show, and a thrill to see legends in person. (My brother, sister in law, my wife and I were lucky enough to have backstage passes!) I'm writing to all four members of "The Stones"

Mick Jagger

Keith Richards

Ron Wood

Charlie Watts

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the madison square garden shows as well. did u guys get any doodlebop stickers that i was passing out?

Also, i have a question for u...so if u could please email me here: slange87@gmail.com

...that would be great. thanks!

-- Stephanie*
www.deedeerooneymoe.net

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home