A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

December 6th

Today is my birthday!! Since I'm an actor, I won't say how old (I'm in the mid to late 30's age range as far as casting directors are concerned.) My four year old son had the funniest comment tonight. He said "I'm sorry you didn't get any real gifts Daddy, just clothes." You know you're getting old when you actually look forward to getting a new pair of pants or socks instead of the latest toys.

I've tried to shy away from writing to people on their birthdays with this blog, but I'll make an exception today and write to some fellow Saggitarians born on this date. Some notable people who share my birthday and have already passed on are: Saint Nicholas (or Santa Claus, more on him tomorrow) poet (and fellow New Jersey resident) Joyce Kilmer, composer Ira Gershwin, actress Agnes Moorehead, New Jersey boxer James J. Braddock (made famous by Russell Crowe in "Cinderella Man") actor Wally Cox, and football legend Otto Graham.

Here is the list of the notable living people I share a birthday with:

musician Dave Brubeck

actress JoBeth Williams

Craig Newmark (The "Craig" of Craigslist)

actor Tom Hulce ("Amadeus")

comedian Steven Wright

actress Janine Turner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home