A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

March 3rd

Friday March 3rd

Today I put my “actor’ hat back on, and shot two days worth of scenes for the long running CBS soap opera, “As The World Turns.” The episodes will air in April, so I can’t reveal much about them, only to say that my scenes were with six ladies who have collectively spent over 225 years working on daytime soaps. “Television Royalty”, as my wife put it. Tow of the nicest women I worked with were the ones who play the characters of “Barbara” and “Lucinda.” One Emmy winner, and one who has been nominated numerous times. It was quite an honor to work with them, and I’m writing to thank them for their generosity in putting a guy like me, who has little experience in soaps, at ease.

Colleen Zenk Pinter

Colleen Zenk Pinter is best known for her role as the beleaguered fashionista turned crazy criminal Barbara Ryan, a role she started playing on the show in 1978. For most of her time on the show, her character, Barbara, has been harassed by her criminal ex-husband. For much of the time, Barbara was a beleaguered heroine who faced one trial and tribulation after another. However, in 2000, the writers took the character in a drastically different direction after the character suffered burns in a fire (as well as deceit by then-husband Craig Montgomery). As a result, the character became a villianess. Viewers were impressed that Pinter, who so consistently played the heroine, was so believable as a villianess, and so were critics; she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2002.

Elizabeth Hubbard

Elizabeth Hubbard has portrayed the character of Lucinda Walsh since 1984.
She previously played Dr. Althea Davis on The Doctors from 1964 to 1982. In 1974, Hubbard earned a Daytime Emmy Award for her work on The Doctors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home