A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

March 4th

Saturday March 4th

One of my all time favorite TV shows, “Saturday Night Live” returned tonight after a month off due to the Winter Olympic coverage on NBC. I’m glad to see them back, especially to see two of my favorite cast members. One of them has been with the show for a few years and is the current go-to guy for impersonations, and the other is one of the newest cast members who also kills with his spot on portrayals of famous people. I’m sending a note to both of them to let them know how much I appreciate their work.

Darrell Hammond

Darrell Hammond has been a cast member of Saturday Night Live since 1995. Midway between the 2005 season, Hammond set the record for the longest tenure of any SNL cast member in the show's history. Hammond also holds SNL records for most impressions by a single cast-member, and most times saying the legendary catch-phrase "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" to start the show. Although he does many impressions, he is best known for his segments impersonating Bill Clinton, and more recently Donald Trump. When veteran announcer Don Pardo is unavailable, Hammond fills in to introduce the cast, with a spot-on Pardo impersonation.

Bill Hader

Bill Hader is currently a featured player on Saturday Night Live, appearing for the first time on October 1, 2005. Hader is an impressionist, most memorably in a recurring role as Vincent Price, in which he hosts a variety show that never goes right. Hader came to SNL via Second City Los Angeles. While in Los Angeles, Hader was also a member of the sketch comedy group "Animals from the Future," where he was discovered by actress Megan Mull ally (“Will and Grace“), who personally recommended him to Lorne Michaels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home