A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 11th

Being a lifelong Disney fan means that my three year old son has no choice but to join the fraternity. Our house is covered in Disney memorabilia, and we have every Disney movie on video and DVD (his favorite is "Monsters Inc., which is also a Pixar film. I just took him to see "The Wild", which was cute, but not up to the usual Disney standards.) This week, the Disney Channel premiered a new series that my son is hooked on. It's called "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." The idea is that it' a 21st century CGI version of the Mickey Mouse Club featuring the "sensational six" classic Disney characters. (Which used to be the fabulous five - Mickey, Minnie, Goofy,Donald and Pluto. Daisy Duck was added to keep two couples on the show and to increase the appeal to girls.) It's a great show, made even more special by the voices of the characters, who have captured the spirit and tone of the originals from the 1930's. The first voice of Mickey was none other than Walt Disney himself. Donald's voice was provided by Clarence Nash, and Goofy was done by Pinto Colvig. When those gentlemen passed away, three new artists took over, and they are still embodying the voices. I am writing to these current voice-over artists to thank them for their service to the Disney family.

Wayne Allwine

Tony Anselmo

Bill Farmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home