A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

June 6th

Today is the 62nd anniversary of D-Day, the invasion of the beaches of Normandy, which began the downfall of the Nazi regime in World War II, fought by "The Greatest Generation." I'm writing to the main who, in two bestselling books, coined that phrase - which describes the generation of young men and women in the 1940's who sacrificed so many things we take for granted just to keep the world free from tyranny and to build a better tomorrow.

Tom Brokaw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home