A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, July 02, 2006

My first Presidential reply





President Gerald R. Ford

Reference date: February 20th











President Ford wrote me a short note from his home in California. While it is an automatic reply, it's also written on stationery with the Presidential seal and his signature as the stamp. He's going to be 93 years old in a few days, so I understand the pre-printed reply. I'm just honored to have recieved it.

Here is his letter:

Dear Chris,

I am very grateful that you have taken the time to write, in regard to certain requests, and with your comments.

Unfortunately, the nature of my schedule, obligations, and the size of my staff preclude the time necessary to provide the thoughtful and substantiative reply your correspondence requires.

I hope the future provides me the time to individually answer more correspondence. until then, i thank you for your interest and understanding.

Best wishes,

Gerald R. Ford


I sent him a thank you card the next day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home