A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A comedy legend replies




Larry Gelbart

Reference Date: February 26th




Larry Gelbart, creator of the TV show M*A*S*H and writer of Broadway shows like "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and movies like "Oh God" and "Tootsie" replied to questions about show business by email.

Here is his letter:


Dear Chris Lucas,

Thank you for you generous message.

Advice? Still learning myself.

l guess that means the reach for attainment never stops.

And that career moves are not nearly as important as personal growth. Becoming the best possible version of yourself will spill over into your professional life, l promise you.

Best,

Larry Gelbart



I sent him a thank you email the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home