A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

October 11th

My favorite TV show, one I never miss, debuted on this day in 1975 (No, it's not "The Simpsons", though I've never missed an episode of that series either.) "Saturday Night Live" (originally called "NBC's Saturday Night") appeared on NBC at 11:30PM and changed the face of comedy. In the last three decades, this show has spawned comedy legends and introduced many catchphrases to the American lexicon. I'm writing to the creator and executive producer of the show, as well as the surviving original cast members, writers, and the host and musical guests of the first program.

Lorne Michaels - producer

Chevy Chase

Jane Curtin

Garrett Morris

Laraine Newman

Al Franken

Tom Davis

Don Novello aka Father Guido Sarducci

George Carlin

Janis Ian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home