A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

October 3rd

Today is my 8th wedding anniversary. While reseraching gifts, I found out that the traditional gift for the 8th anniversary is clay or pottery. In honor of that, I'm writing to a few people associated closely with those items. Five of whom are directors who have made movies and TV shows using clay,two of whom were in the most famous movie scene ever filmed using a pottery wheel, one of whom is the CEO of the biggest pottery store in the world, and the last one an actor who used clay as his stage name. (In case you are wondering, I already wrote to Clay Aiken a few months ago.)

Jules Bass - "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

Arthur Rankin - "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

Will Vinton - "California Raisins"

Nick Park - "Wallace & Gromit", "Chicken Run"

Art Clokey - "Gumby", "Davey & Goliath"

Patrick Swayze - star of "Ghost"

Demi Moore - star of "Ghost"

Howard Lester - Pottery Barn CEO

Andrew Dice Clay (Formerly Andrew Silverstein)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home