A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

October 2nd

I saw the movie "Walk the Line" on TV tonight. It's the life story of Johnny Cash, and although I've seen it four times before, it still inspires me. Mr. Cash was an artist who, in the very beginning of his career, had confidence enough in his talent to continue plugging away at a music career even when the money wasn't coming in. He was also ready at the exact moment when Sam Phillips, founder of Sun Records, asked him to perform the one song that he would sing if his life was about to end and he wanted the world to remember him. That song was "Folsom Prison Blues" and it launched Johnny Cash's career. This moment in the film is my reminder that luck is just hard work and preperation meeting opportunity.

Anyway, I'm writing to the director, producer, and talented actors (who, incidentally, did their own singing) that starred in the movie.

James Mangold

James Keach

Joaquin Phoenix

Reese Witherspoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home