A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

December 7th

Yesterday, December 6th, was my birthday but it was also the feast of St. Nicholas. When I was growing up there was a novelty song called "Santa Claus' Birthday." It mentioned December 6th as Santa's birthday, and I was proud to have shared it with him. (I missed Walt Disney's birthday, December 5th, by one day.) I wrote to people born on my birthday yeaterday, so today I will write to some people who have portrayed Jolly Old St. Nick onscreen in the past few years. (My son already sent his letter to the big man at the North Pole, so I'll refrain from sending mine. I'sd just be asking for boring clothes anyway.)

David Huddleston

Mickey Rooney

Sir Richard Attenborough

Tim Allen

Whoopi Goldberg
(yes she actually played a female version of Santa Claus!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home