A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, June 23, 2006

A financial reply


Michael O'Higgins

Reference date: January 29th


This reply is is in response to a letter I sent to Michael O'Higgins, the author of "The Dogs of The Dow" on Chinese New Year, to mark the year of the dog. I asked him for advice on life and finances, he gave me some specific responses.

Here is his letter:

Dear Chris,

I'm glad that you benefited from my book. All I can tell you is to:

1) Be honest.

2) Pick a field that you enjoy. Then, you'll never have to work.

3) Exercise at least six days a week.

4) Write down your weight every day.

5) Spend less than you make.

6) Remember that gratitude and love are the two most beneficial sentiments you can have.

7) Read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

8) Listen to inspirational tapes.

9) Realize that happiness is a decision.

Good Luck!

Michael O'Higgins


I sent him a thank you card the next day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home