A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

December 10th

The iconic New York City film "Saturday Night Fever" is released this week in 1977. I remember the frenzy over the movie and the music, a dead on depiction of the disco era at its height. It was so popular that the Rated R film was recut to Rated PG so that kids my age at the time could go see it and understand what the fuss was all about. To this day, the dance moves by the lead character, Tony Manero, are replicated the world over on dance floors as soon as the Bee Gees music starts to play. I'm writing to some of the stars of that film, which can be seen quite often on cable TV.

John Travolta

Karen Lynn Gorney

Donna Pescow

Denny Dillon

Fran Drescher

Barry Miller

Val Bisoglio

1 Comments:

Blogger Macke said...

Where are some of those actors now?

I just worked on an indie film with Karen Lynn Gorney. What a riot! She truly has a great sense of humor...joking on the set between takes. No ego getting in the way. A true lady of class!

You can check out her the indie film (called 'Liars and Lunatics') at www.cubecity.org

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home