A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Two non replies from the same address!!




Samuel L. Jackson

Reference date: August 19th












Joe Cocker

Reference Date: August 15th









Two separate celebrities, two different mailing addresses.

Strangely enough, I got replies from both of them from the same mailing house.

I call them replies, but in reality what I got were two small black and white publicity photos with a pre-printed autograph on each. No letter, no answers to my questions, just this.

Like I've said before. I appreciate any response, rather than my letter being ignored or tossed in the trash, but I have to admit I'm puzzled as to why they came from the same address.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

My guess as the why it came from the same address is because both celebrities have the same agency that handles their fan mail. It would be impossible for them to respond to each and every letter, so they have these agencies that do it for them. Granted, they do it in very cold and clinical ways.

(If you ever need content for this great blog, check out thenewsroom.com)

--Matthew from the local desk

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home