A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A reply that rocks!!






Huey Lewis

Reference date: August 1st





It's been noted many times before on this blog that I am a child of the 1980's. I have great fondness for that era, and some of my best memories are of playing the same records over and over again and watching the corresponding videos on MTV.

One of the biggest stars of that era was Huey Lewis, who fronted a band called the News and had several hit albums. In recent years, he's appeared in films and on Broadway. I saw him as Billy Flynn in "Chicago" a few years ago.

This was his handwritten response to my letter. (Short but sweet.)

Chris -

Trust your instincts, and never give up!

Good luck!

- Huey

I sent him a thank you the next day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home