A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, January 26, 2007

"Mrs. C." Replies





Marion Ross

Reference Date: September 8th






One of the nicest surprises I've gotten since my letter writing campaign began was a package personally made out and sent by actress Marion Ross, who played Marion "Mrs. C." Cunningham on the hit 1970's TV show "Happy Days."

Inside the package was a personally autographed photo of Ms. Ross, as well as a copy of her biography, written by O.H. Buzz Hagen, about growing up in Albert Lea, Minnesota called "Going Home", inscribed with a message to me. This is what it said:

Dear Chris,

Keep hungry! The Big "D" - desire, is the strongest motivation.

There is room for every type in the acting business, as many as there are types of people.

Sometimes the greatest success comes when you're much older, so hang in there - it's a lifetime plan!

Keep healthy too!

Good luck!

- Marion Ross



I sent her a thank you card the next day

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Lucas:
You now have comments from both Marion Ross and the Author of the book "Going Home". Marion is wonderful kind hearted and very generous person with her time and fame. She embraced her home town and continues to visit bringing her fame and kind messages at every visit. It is a fun experience each time we get together.
O.H. Buzz Hagen
Mayor Albert Lea, Minnesota
1977 - 1985

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home