A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, February 12, 2007

The numbers are in (part 2)

Well, I've tabulated the 1,200 letters I sent last year by gender and occupational category, and have come up with some interesting statistics.

I was criticized by some for favoring males in my project, and after reading the numbers, I can see their point.

Out of 1,200 letters written, only 281 were to females. This is little over 20%. I assure you this wasn't done on purpose. I admire many notable women and have great respect for their accomplishments. It just so happened that many of the categories and anniversaries I observed in my selections involved males. Had I been more conscious of this statistical tilt, I would have added more females to my correspondents list.

Also, since I am an actor, many of my letters were written to people involved in show business in some way. I've broken down the 1,200 by category/primary field of endeavor, and here are the numbers:

MOVIES: 347

TV: 244

THEATER: 49

MUSIC: 97

SPORTS: 142

BUSINESS: 111

POLITICS: 98

SCIENCE: 16

RELIGION: 7

MEDIA: 89


I'll have month by month breakdowns soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home