A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Third reply of the year



NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg

Sent January 3rd - Replied January 31st


This reply came by phone, and was in response to the letter I sent to New York City Mayor Bloomberg on Jan. 3rd asking him if he would perforn the wedding ceremony for my father at Yankee Stadium in March:

Phone call from the NYC Mayor’s office:

Mr. Lucas,

Thank you for your inquiry about Mayor Bloomberg performing your father’s wedding ceremony.

Unfortunately, Mayor Bloomberg has instituted a policy of not performing wedding ceremonies. The only one he has conducted to date was the wedding of former Mayor Giuliani.

Mayor Bloomberg wishes your father all the best on his upcoming wedding.

Liz at the Scheduling Department,

Office of the Mayor of New York City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home