A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

December 11th

I am a fan of the recent trend in comedy of having the actors improvise the script as they go along, with just a basic outline to guide them. (The TV show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is a good example.) One of the first ensemble films to utilize this method was "Waiting For Guffman." The cast and crew of that film reunited a few times to tackle different subjects. Their most recent effort is "For Your Consideration" which pokes fun at independent films and Oscar hype. I saw it today and thought it was very funny. I'm writing to the director and some of the cast members.

Christopher Guest

Catherine O'Hara

Parker Posey

Jennifer Coolidge

Michael McKean

Fred Willard

Larry Miller

John Michael Higgins

Jane Lynch

Paul Dooley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home