A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The first response of 2007!




Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins)


Reference Date: November 7th






Though I've stopped writing a letter a day, I still expect responses to fill my mailbox in 2007, especially from letters that were mailed late in the year (November, December.)

This first one comes from an extremely talented actress, Ashley Brown, who faced the incredibly daunting task of filling the shoes of the legendary Julie Andrews, as she took over the iconic role of Mary Poppins in the new Broadway Production.

Ms. Brown is not that far removed from college, but she has achieved incredible success in just a short time. Her meteoric rise to stardom is due to the amazing amount of talent she displays while putting her own unique mark on the role of everyone's favorite nanny.

Ms. Brown has a bright future ahead of her, and I was delighted to get a handwritten response from her on embossed Mary Poppins stationery.

This is what she had to say:

Chris,

Thank you for your letter. I am so happy that you love the show so much.

This business is tough, but if you love it enough to keep going things will happen.

Most importantly, keep true to who you are. Never let anyone tell you to be different than who you are.

Always audition with what you do best, and if you don't get that role, you will get another.

Get as much experience as possible. There is a lot of theater work out there.

Don't limit yourself, EVER!!

Good luck to you!

Love,

Ashley Brown



I sent her a thank you card the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home