A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A "Chim Chimeree" reply




Gavin Lee

Reference Date: November 7th






British actor Gavin Lee has an impressive musical theater resume, but was handed a difficult task when he was cast in the role of Bert the Chimney Sweep in the theatrical production of Mary Poppins.

This iconic role was memorably played by Dick VanDyke in the Disney film, so Mr. Lee had big shoes to fill, and he did it with aplomb.

I saw the show in November, and wrote to Mr. Lee to congratulate him on his amazing performance. (At one point he literally tap dances upside down!)

If you get the chance, go see Mary Poppins on Broadway. You won't be disappointed.

This is the nice note he was kind enough to send me on the back of an autographed picture:

Hey Chris,

So glad you enjoyed "Mary Poppins."

Thanks for the letter.

Good luck and all the best for 2007.

- Gav


I sent him a thank you the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home