A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A note from Chris Lucas





Thanks for visiting my blog!







Happy New Year everyone.

2007 already has one week in the books, and I took that week to reflect on 2006, and my letter writing project.

In the coming days, I'll post exact numbers, but I managed to write well over 1,000 letters and got close to 100 responses.

My hope was to have a 20% response rate, meaning I've gotten to half my goal, but there are still letters coming in, and I expect them to come well into 2007, and perhaps 2008.

I am not giving up on writing letters. Every week in 2007, I will continue to post a list of correspondence from that week in response to events, anniversaries or other things that strike my fancy.

I will also post some responses I've gotten from notable people in years prior to 2006, when I used to write once a month or so.

Thanks again for visiting. I hope you will keep reading.

- Chris Lucas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home