A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Grammy winner responds




Janis Ian

Reference Date: October 11th







One of the most famous singers of the 1970's was Janis Ian. Her song, "At Seventeen' about the coming of age of a young girl is still being played today.

She is still active as a musician, and has a website for fans to read the latest information about her life and career. It's www.JanisIan.com

Ms. Ian also has the distinction of being the very first musical guest on the premiere episode of "Saturday Night Live."

I was happy to get this email from her just a few days ago.

Chris,

Thank you for the kind words.

Pretty much any advice I might be able to give would already be in the articles on my site. I hope you find them helpful.

Good luck!

Best,

Janis


I sent her a thank you email immediately

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home