A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

December 25th

More than half of the people that gave me suggestions as to who to write to at the end of the year mentioned sending a letter to a soldier serving in Iraq.

I think this is an excellent idea, as this project shouldn't be all about contacting celebrities.

What better day than Christmas Day to contact our men and women serving their country far from home in a difficult situation?

That is what I am doing today, writing to a handful of soldiers overseas (I wish I could contact them all) to thank them for their service and to wish them well. I don't expect a response, and if I do get one, I will not publish it unless I have their permission.

Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home