A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Vice President replies



Dick Cheney


Reference date:July 18th






One of the most accomplished men in the history of US Government is Richard "Dick" Cheney. Since beginning his political career in 1969, Mr. Cheney has been White House Chief of Staff to President Ford, five term US Congressman from Wyoming, Secretary of Defense under President George H.W. Bush and currently Vice President under George W. Bush. His term of office as Vice President ends in January 2009, I was happy to get this letter from him just before he closes out his life in politics.

Like the letter from Senator Kennedy before him, it is a stock reply, signed with an auto pen, but it's impressive to get a letter on White House stationery nonetheless.

This is what the Vice President had to say;

Dear Mr. Lucas:

Thank you for taking the time to write and offer your kind words of support. Your correspondence is important to me.

Each day, I feel honored to serve this country as Vice President under the remarkable leadership of President Bush. Both the President and I are grateful for the thoughts and prayers of our fellow citizens, and we strive daily to serve this great nation with dignity and strength.

Thank you again for taking the time to send your thoughtful words. Lynne joins me in sending you our best wishes.

Sincerely,

Dick Cheney,

Vice President of the United States of America


I sent him a thank you the next day.

1 Comments:

Blogger EOZ said...

I can't believe you got Cheney to respond. Well I guess he has nothing better to do. (LOL).

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home