A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, March 08, 2008

A prolific writer/producer responds




Stephen J. Cannell


Reference Date:






OK, my procrastination comes into play again. This is a post I should have written a long time ago.

Back in May of 2007, Stephen J. Canell answered my letter in a most unique way. He posted his reply via video journal on his website to be viewed by the general public. I've added a link to the reply at the end of this post.

In his 40 year career in show business, Mr. Cannell has created and produced such television classics as "the Rockford Files" "The A Team" "21 Jump Street" and "The Greatest American Hero." He has also written 11 novels. Quite an amazing man, and a true inspiration.

This is an abbreviated version of what he had to say:

His simple lessons in life:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sounds cliched, but they are truly words to live by.

All of his shows have been positive experiences and he's cared about the people he's worked with. This has made things easier.

His daily habit for success: Getting up everyday at 4AM (weekends included), and writing for six hours straight.

You'd be surprised at how much this "forward motion" produces.


I sent him a thank you email immediately.

Here is the link to his video journal: http://www.cannell.com/videoQA.php?s=579&k=7a889ec06339b62f870cd44de88d3336#

1 Comments:

Blogger TuneQueen said...

I read your blog to see who responds to your letters.

I think it's a fascinating project you launched. Not a lot of people take the time to learn from those around them.

It makes for very interesting and entertaining reading.

Thanks!

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home