A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, December 25, 2006

December 18th

Continuing the theme of writing to people based on suggestions from friends, I am including the names brought up by one of the best actresses I've ever seen onstage, Bev Sheehan.

She and her husband Brian are founders and artistic directors of the What Exit Theater Company in New Jersey. (For those of you who don't know my home state too well, we have two main roads running through it, the Garden State Parkway and the NJ Turnpike, and everybody in the state knows "what exit" they are from. Each exit connotes its own sense of social class and upbringing.)

Since I was introduced to Brian and Bev by my good friend from Jersey City, Tim Grzelak, I've seen them perform many times and was very impressed by their work. Bev and I even auditioned together once as husband and wife for a commercial. I respect and value her opinions, so I am writing to some of the people she mentioned in her email.

former NY Times critic Frank Rich

columnist Maureen Dowd

comedian and "View" cohost Joy Behar

Academy Award winning actress Susan Sarandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home