A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Friday, January 26, 2007

The numbers are in (part 1)

Well, I've been tallying the numbers from my 2006 "letter a day" project, and they are even larger than I imagined.

The grand total of letters written was 1,200

That works out to over 3 letters a day. (I got ambitious, what can I say?)

It's also 23 letters a week. (My printer ink had to be changed quite often.)

The response rate is not quite what I had expected. I've gotten 95 replies, which is less than 10 percent. That being said, we're only a few weeks into the new year, and I expect to get many more by June (which is when the first draft of my book aboit this project is due) bringing the total closer to the anticipated 20 percent.

In the next few days I'm going to break the numbers down by occupation, gender (I was criticized for not contacting enough females, but as I was going over my list, there were a great number of females on it) and month by month.

Thanks for your interest in my project!

- Chris Lucas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home