A Letter A Day

One year, 365 letters. A letter a day. My resolution for 2006. I’ve always enjoyed writing letters and I want to get back in the habit. I'm not limiting myself to a letter a day. 365 is just the minimum. My goal is to get a 20% response rate. This is the official chronicle of my “year of writing letters.” Thanks for reading! - Chris Lucas

Name:
Location: Meadowlands, New Jersey, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

November 11th

Today marks Veteran's Day in the United States, when we honor all of those who have served in our armed forces. The date is significant because the end of World War I (the supposed "war to end all wars") came at the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month. (Most Veteran's day parades, including NYC's will begin at exactly 11AM.)

I'm writing to some notable U.S. military veterans.

Senator Bob Dole

George Kennedy - actor

Kurt Vonnegut - author

Mort Walker - cartoonist, creator "Beetle Bailey"

Rocky Bleier - athlete

Dale Dye - businessman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home